Thursday, August 6, 2009

Day 4

Sorry for not posting yesterday. Had a long day and didn't get back to my room until late. The range of athletes I have treated, been involved in their treatment or observed being treated has ranged from sports I am familiar with and others I never knew existed. There are bobsledders, basketball players, wrestlers, air pistol shooters, skeet shooters, modern pentathletes, weightlifters, gymnast, triathletes, paraolypians, skaters and a few I'm sure I left out. In just four days I have been exposed to many different aspects of treating athletes, some I am very familiar with and others that are new to me. This afternoon there was a meeting in which we discussed several different cases involving the athletes that are being seen. It was exciting to set down with other health care professional and discuss the care and management of these athletes.

I know what I'm about to say gets over used quite a bit but the view of the mountains in the morning walking to the clinic is breath taking. Not quite as breath taking as the ducks crossing 10th street in the morning on my drive to the office, but close! It is my hope when we have some more down time in the clinic to explore Colorado Springs more. Everyone keeps telling me I have to go and see the Garden of the gods. They say the rock formation are incredible.

Ok time to do a little reading and go to bed.

Until next time, God Bless!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment