Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Another Tuesday in Colorado Springs

Nothing real exciting going on. The clinic was a little slow today and yesterday. I did get a chance to treat a Judo athlete today and yesterday. That was kinda of cool! During some of the slower parts of the day one of the gentlemen I am doing the rotation with introduced me to diagnostic musculoskeletal ultrasound. This is a great way to help diagnose musculoskeletal injuries. It's a similar machine as an obstetrician would use to view an unborn child. At first it looks like a bunch of gobbly gook on the screen! However, after being showed what structures are what and what to look for, the pictures start to make sense. The machine they have in the clinic cost $50,000 normally, but GE donated it to them. I was thinking about packing it up and taking it home with me, but I'm sure they would miss it. Maybe there might be a used one on ebay I could pick up for a reasonable price. Or maybe mom and dad could get it for me as a Christmas gift.

Sorry for the boring post, but that's the best I could do. Until next time, God Bless!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment